Dear Baby Jesus, please tell me I am past this horrific plateau :)
And this leads me into the first link up: I am linking up with Ms. Wendy from The Daily Dose of Del Signore for:
This morning I had a great weigh in and then I started a weight-training program. I started Day 1 of the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer...You can find the Link HERE :) Im not sure exactly how Im going to do this program, but I am tentatively thinking Im going to modify it slightly to include running still...I know she doesnt want you to run in the first phase or whatever, but Im just not willing to give up my running right now - so it might take me longer, but I am tentatively going to be doing the program Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and running on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday/Sunday :) I completed Day 1 today and my arms are still like jello...yikes :) Im mainly doing this for educational purposes...I have zero knowledge about strength training and am diving head first into this program :)
(Wearing a sweater I havent worn in 6 years!)
Took some befores :)
Ok, onto the next one - Im linking up with Ms. Ashley from Eights on the Move for:
The Subject this Monday is Stereotypes...what are the Stereotypes that you dislike the most that people make about the Military?
1) That we are uneducated...I am currently obtaining my Masters Degree in History
2) That I am unfaithful...Ive been happily married for 4 years and plan on for 75 more and just because my husband deploys does not mean I immediately go and find some Jody...
3) That I have a gazillion kids because it would give us a bigger house...nope just one :)
4) That I wear my husband's rank...Ive encountered women that do, but I do not.
5) That our lives are like the Hollywood Army Wives version...um no...cant even go there...
Basically - being an Army Wife is not an easy job...I consider myself to be one bad-a$$ wife and mama...The week my husband deployed, my late father was hospitalized, we moved on post, and I had a 5 month old daughter that thought when I was crying, that I was laughing...but it taught me more about myself than I ever knew...and when he came home...well that's another post in itself. For people to think they know what it means to be an Army Wife is quite irritating...you cant really know until youre there :) To the rest of my Military mama/wives out there - Cheers :)
And finally, I am linking up with Ms. Katie from Healthy Diva Life for:
Today, My Monday is Marvelous because:
- I got to look at my first race pictures ever from the Fort Wayne race last weekend...Kind of mortified with how I look...yikes...
- My Birthday is on Thursday :) The Big 3-2 :) So old!
- I dont have any immediate school work today :) I can read some mags and play with my Baby Girl :)
Ok, that's it, have a great week!!